Wright Dominates Top 5 Positions at Sebring
Wright Motorsports of Batavia, Ohio had three drivers in the top five in both halves of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama doubleheader Thursday and Friday, March 15-16 at Sebring International Raceway, which was the best overall result of any team competing.
One Wright Motorsports driver – Fernando Pena – was on the podium both days. He was joined by one of his five teammates – Sean Johnston – there on Friday.
The doubleheader supported the 60th anniversary Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida, the season opener for the American Le Mans Series.
“Running six cars at an event is a challenge and other teams were watching our performance closely, but our team functioned perfectly,” said John Wright, who owns the multi-series pro race team and premier Porsche tuning facility. “There wasn’t a hiccup all weekend. It was really gratifying. Everyone worked extremely well together. Pat Long, who is in charge of our driver development, did a great job and we were really happy with our results. I feel we have an extremely strong team and a lot of momentum going into the next event.”
For more, please click HERE
Most Recent Articles
- Thompson Racing Finds the Podium in Monterey
- TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson Team Dominated Once Again at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Wright Motorsports’ Snow Rules IMSA GT3 Cup Doubleheader At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- EFFORT Racing Tops Team Standings After Round Four
- Snow Dominates at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca